Beware of unusual new dark spots or moles forming on your skin. These are common symptoms of Melanoma, which is the deadliest skin cancer globally. Thus, learn how to check your body for moles which carry cancerous cells. Additionally, you should consult reliable bulk bill doctors immediately when you notice such uncertainties on your skin.
Learn about the deadly Melanoma and what to do when it grows on youMelanoma is an abnormal growth in the Melanocytes or the cells which produce melanin. Melanin is the pigment that gives natural colour to the skin. That’s why melanoma usually manifests as new dark spots or moles on the skin. Moreover, it grows on areas which receive too much ultraviolet rays, such as the face, back and arms. Take note, however, that melanoma sometimes appears like normal or healthy-looking skin. In certain cases, it also grows on body parts hidden from direct sunlight. This includes the soles of your feet, fingernail beds and genitals. Thus, visit a medical centre with reputable dermatologists right away, when you notice any skin uncertainties anywhere in your body.
Check your body for possible Melanoma growthEarly detection is important for any cancer cases. That’s because it’s easier to treat cancer in its early stages. And to identify a melanoma, you should check your body for unusual moles or dark spots. Find bulk bill doctors when you notice any of these symptoms:
- Asymmetrical moles – melanoma moles usually have an asymmetrical shape, such as oval without similar sides or half. They usually have irregular or uneven borders as well.
- Uneven colours – these moles also have uneven colours, and change in colours through time.
- Size – normal moles usually don’t grow bigger than ¼ of an inch. Suspect melanoma if you notice a mole which is bigger than ¼ inch or 6mm. Moreover, such moles continue to grow and change in colours and shape as well.
Undergo diagnosis for MelanomaWhen you suspect Melanoma growth on your skin, visit a dermatologist immediately for diagnosis:
- The doctor will submit you under a biopsy procedure to confirm the growth of cancer cells. This involves taking a sample of the suspicious growth for a pathologist to examine.
- When biopsy report shows you have cancer, the doctor will identify its stage. Stage 1 means it’s still on its early development, while stage 4 is already a severe case. Moreover, determining the stage of the cancer is important in knowing appropriate treatment procedures.
- Next, the doctor will identify the extent of the affected area. This procedure tells if the cancer cells have spread beyond your skin, and have reached other organs in the body.
Treatment for MelanomaAfter knowing the extent of skin cancer, the doctor will provide proper treatment for you. Find bulk bill doctors for you to get affordable treatments. Early-stage Melanoma requires simple removal of the entire problematic growth, including some layers of tissues surrounding it. However, late-stage melanoma requires further treatment processes. This includes removal of other affected organs, chemotherapy and radiation therapy among other special procedures. The specialist will determine the best treatment for your case. Melanoma is a serious skin problem that requires professional intervention. That’s why you should visit the right doctor when you suspect this cancer type is growing on your skin. Visit Carina Medical for more info about Melanoma. They also offer skin rejuvenation clinic services, which helps restore the health and condition of your skin. For more details, visit at https://carinamedical.com.au/.